Monday, May 24, 2010

The Ballet

Ballet has taught me so much about life itself. Life as more than a journey, but an expression of the interpretation of the experiences and resolutions perceived throughout the course of that journey. As though it were a dream, a leisurely romantic stroll in the park becomes a promenade in arabesque in the pas de deux. The whole world becomes a stage, and every body is watching my every move as I perform, while standing in the spotlight. Now what? Expressionism is the key and now is the time. I have rehearsed this act more than a thousand times. I have seen it as it relays in my head, through my mind. My body is in prime condition, like a finely tuned instrument, as I dance. I motion as my long lines transition seamlessly, like the flow, for I am lean and thin, strong and flexible. I am ready. Now what? Preparation is the key.

At the threshold of dancing en this thing called Pointe, that is so beautiful and perfect and delicate in its own dynamic complexities, I feel so very vulnerable because I am in love with Ballet. All that I have ever wanted is this. That which I need so much to feed my thirst for life, is so pure and relevant in its truth that I know for sure that in this world, perhaps, the dance of the ballet is the once thing that I can never truly own, for it is free, and priceless and beyond the features of this bounded reality. The endless river of living water flows into me in this school of dance, where there is and always will be more, to learn, to know, to attain, to become, to love. That which fulfils me shall never leave me feeling empty. Ballet satisfies me.

Ballet is the way of a world unknown to this familiar dimension. It constantly reminds us to surpass the limitations that bound us to a physical capacity. As we conform to the standards of this earth, we learn the secrets that show us how to never be confined to that conformity. We are taught to rebel against the laws of gravity, to declare all space as our own, to dream and to dare to live out those dreams, everyday. Ballet teaches us to be free. We are forced to confront our own fears and to come face to face with personal limitations in order to conquer them and come to terms with our selves as a diverse expression of the evolution of the corps de ballet. This is the world in which we pirouette; where of our bodies, the ballet lives in the breath that exists, evolves, dies, and is reborn, in the cycle of life like a world without end.

To me, Ballet is the truth of the way to the light and the life of the world, at the centre of the world, for all creation, as is the centre of my heart and soul and mind and body. Ballet is a lifestyle, as a way to think, to exist, to communicate, and perceive life. She challenges me to be great. She says, believe in the formula and live. Ballet says, believe in the form you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment